Wednesday, December 5, 2007

O'Brien's Tower

Cliffs of Moher, County Clare


The Cliffs of Moher take your breath away. Majestic and looming over the Atlantic Ocean, they are among the most magnificent stretches of scenery in Ireland. But, just as impressive and mysterious is O'Brien's Tower. Originally built in 1835 by Cornelius (Corney) O'Brien, it now affords visitors with an awesome view of the Clare coast, southwards to the mouth of the Shannon and the Kerry Mountains. Maybe even more mysterious and alluring are the Aran Islands to the west and north.






5 comments:

Carol said...

Hi, Francine,

I gasped when I saw these photos, they did take my breath away ...wow they are just glorious.

I'd love to do a tour of Ireland take in the magnificent scenery which it is known for..It looks so very peaceful.

It is great to see you have written three posts in one day..

Unknown said...

Carol ... the thing about Ireland is that it seems breathtaking everywhere you look.

I'm going to be more faithful in posting. It's the only way I can remain balanced.

Thanks for your comments and faithfulness in returning here.

RitasRavings said...

Awesome, Fracine. I just this the scenery is magnificent. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

Francine, I just wanted to tell you, I thought of you and your beautiful pictures of Ireland on the weekend..I walked into a travel agency to get a few brochures for a planned trip to New Zealand, I spied a huge advertisement for Ireland, boy was it tempting.Maybe one day, but until then I am happy enough to admire your wonderful photos. I know I will be taking heaps of photos of New Zealand. I have a new camera coming for Christmas/Birthday.So be warned you may be receive a flood of them..

Francine Biere said...

Thanks, Rita. And Carol, you can bombard me with photos any time.